Total Pageviews

2009 Jeep Wrangler X

2009 Jeep Wrangler X
Project-JK-Supercharged

Friday, June 19, 2009

It’s Here, It’s Here – the SDS is here!

Well I received the Supercharger kit today, and at first glance it does appear a bit daunting, but heck, it isn't fun if it isn't a challenge, right?!

Anyway, the instructions on the CD seem pretty straight-forward and I believe I have the skills (shucks, I built a Chevy small block 350 from the bottom on up and it ran like a charm in my '70 Chevelle SS).

There are a few things I can get done before I tackle the big parts, like pre-installing (mounting) the Controller module and the Boost Map module inside the cockpit and, oh yeah, the AEM boost gauge as well. I might even cut and splice the battery leads beforehand to get that out of the way. I already gapped the NGK Iridium IX spark plugs that came with the kit at RIPPMODS recommended .032 " (OEM spec is .050").

Also will be changing the oil and filter per recommendation, I plan on using Royal Purple 5W-20 (OEM spec), although I considered the Castrol Edge 5W-30 weight, being California, summer time too...also picked up a K&N performance oil filter.

In any case, I can't start right away since I still need to get a baseline benchmark of my stock setup so I will know what kind of performance gains were really talking here? I have the Palmer performance PCMSCAN software and ELM OBD-II Interface working now, just need time to record some data.

I will keep you posted with pics and everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment